Publication of results and prizes
Please see the University's 'after the exam' webpage for information about exam allowances, class lists and exam results.
If the class list indicates that you have won a prize you can find out more about your prize via the Department's prizes, awards and scholarships website.
Exam review procedures
The University has robust policies in place to ensure that examination results are accurate. However, there may be circumstances where something unusual happens during the examination and you want it taken into account. See the University's exam review procedure for further details.
To request an arithmetical mark check you should contact the Teaching and Examinations Coordinator, who will liaise with the relevant Chair of Examiners to confirm that all the normal checks and processes have been followed.
These checks include:
- checking of every page of every script by an independent script checker following marking to ensure that nothing has been missed;
- checking of all arithmetic calculations and transcriptions by the script checker;
- if a student has attempted more than the required number of questions, checking that the marker has marked all the solutions and entered in the markbook the highest scoring solutions;
- scrutiny of the whole body of marked exam scripts by an independent External Examiner (a senior academic from another university);
- the External Examiner concentrates particularly on marks near class borderlines;
- careful consideration by the Board of Examiners about where to draw the class boundaries, within the guidelines established by the Faculty Board.
Please also see the Department's statement on Tripos transparency.
Last updated on 06/12/2017 14:54