Food and drink in lecture theatres
In response to a request from the SSJC, students are now permitted to take bottled water into CUED lecture theatres. Food, canned drinks, hot beverages etc will not be permitted. Please take your empty bottles away with you or dispose of them in the bins provided.
Food and drink in the DPO
The DPO is a centre for student project work and academic interaction, and students are permitted to eat and drink in the DPO provided they show appropriate consideration for the teaching, the equipment and their peers. In particular, it is inappropriate to eat or drink in a:
- formal lab session (unless the lab leader and demonstrators give explicit permission);
- crowded area (because of the spillage risk);
- way that gets in the way of your neighbour;
- unhygienic way (please use the wipes and handwash where appropriate);
- way that leaves a mess (please always put any waste in the bins).
Student notices and posters
Students are not allowed to put posters up in the Department without permission, except on the designated noticeboard in the Inglis corridor. Students who wish to display items in areas other than this should contact reception in the first instance.
There is a total ban on smoking on Departmental sites.
Last updated on 08/12/2017 13:04