Timing and Structure
Weeks 1-8, Lent Term. 8 lectures. Compulsory Section for Paper 8.
The aims of the course are to:
- Introduce students to some basic concepts, categories and tools of economics, both as general background and in preparation for other economics courses in the Engineering Tripos.
The course consists of eight lectures
- Introduction to Economics
- Microeconomics: Demand, Supply and Market Equilibrium
- Microeconomics: Costs and the Firm
- Microeconomics: Market Structure
- Macroeconomics: Introduction
- Macroeconomics: the Components of Aggregate Demand
- Macroeconomic: Policy
Please see the Booklist for Part IB Courses for references for this module.
Please refer to Form & conduct of the examinations.
The UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) describes the requirements that have to be met in order to become a Chartered Engineer, and gives examples of ways of doing this.
UK-SPEC is published by the Engineering Council on behalf of the UK engineering profession. The standard has been developed, and is regularly updated, by panels representing professional engineering institutions, employers and engineering educators. Of particular relevance here is the 'Accreditation of Higher Education Programmes' (AHEP) document which sets out the standard for degree accreditation.
The Output Standards Matrices indicate where each of the Output Criteria as specified in the AHEP 3rd edition document is addressed within the Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering Triposes.
Last modified: 10/08/2017 10:15